TO KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN
1. TO KNOW GOD
We believe it is possible to know God and to experience a personal relationship with Him. We believe the Bible teaches that God desires living relationship with mankind rather than man made religious regulations that veil His presence.
We Know God Through:
The Word : 2 - Timothy 3:16 We believe the Word of God is our ultimate authority. We believe the Word contains the answers to all issues of life. We teach the importance of the Word of God in our daily lives through daily reading, memorization and journaling.
Prayer: - Matthew 6:9-13 We believe prayer must be active in the lives of every believer. Prayer is the lifeline for the believer; it is our point of connection. Prayer is our conversation with God, everything God does He does as a result of prayer. We believe prayer is coming into agreement with God, His will and His ways. We teach how to pray devotionally, strategically and effectively.
Worship: - Psalms 150 We believe that God inhabits the praises of His people. Therefore, to have a living relationship with God, we must be with Him, both young & old. Praise brings His presence, His power and ignites His passion for His people. We provide a celebratory atmosphere to encourage the believer and draw the unbeliever.
Giving: - Malachi 3:9-10 We believe in the Word of God teaches the principle and practice of tithing. Our knowing God is shown in the material realm as we give. Our giving is an act of faith, act of recognition and an act of worship. Our giving show the faith that he will provide, recognition that all things belong to Him and worship acknowledging He is the God more than enough. Our giving acknowledges He is God.
2. TO MAKE HIM KNOWN
We believe the last words of a man are their most important; Jesus last words to His disciples are not exception as He commanded, “to go and make disciples of all nations.” The second part of our statement of purpose is to make God known which must result in church growth.
We Make God Known Through:
Evangelism: - Matthew 28:19-20 We believe the church has been given a mandate to “Go”. We are committed to reaching beyond the four walls of our church into the Highways and Byways. Every believer must be a soul winner because he who wins souls is wise.
Discipleship: - Matthew 28:19-20 We believe a person won to Christ but not disciple is like having a spiritual abortion. The command to win them is followed with the expectation to disciple them. This is not a suggestion. Therefore, we have built our ministries with discipleship at its core for all age groups and homogenous groups.
Ministry: - Ephesians 4:11-12 We believe every person is a minister and every person has a ministry. It is the purpose of this church to assist each member to find their place in the Body of Christ. In doing so they share what God has CWC for them with others. As a result each gift and talent is utilized to share Christ with others.
Fellowship: - Hebrews 10:25 We believe God has chosen the local church as the institution to accomplish His plan here on earth. Each person is a member in the Body of Christ and cannot function apart from the body. The Body provides what the individual cannot produce in themselves such as accountability, encouragement, ministry & growth opportunities.
WHAT WE BELIEVE..
• WE BELIEVE…the entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.
• WE BELIEVE…in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
• WE BELIEVE…Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
• WE BELIEVE…water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
• WE BELIEVE…in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
• WE BELIEVE…every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ